Friday, November 19, 2010

Do you drink?

Dear Friends,
I would like to share a small incident which touched me. I had gone for a small shopping with my 10 years old daughter. While returning we saw a crowded bar. She started asking about liquor and she also mentioned what she learnt at school that liquor is not good for health (injurious – familiar word?:-)). Then she mentioned that in a story she read, a lady goes to see her grandma with a cake and wine on her birthday. My daughter criticized “how bad! why is she taking wine...”. I explained to her in very cold places, people take one or two sips of wine to maintain the warmth of the body. Suddenly she asked me “you were in US, have you taken liquor?”. I am a dry person and my answer was no. She took my hand which she was holding and kissed my hand. She said “good dad!”. Wow! That was moment which I can’t describe; worth millions of certificates honoring my good conduct. I was proud.
----------------------

No comments: